- Regular brushing & flossing everyday is the best way to avoid cavities and keep your teeth healthy.
- Buy good quality brushes with soft, round and polished bristles and a curved head, prreferably having an ADA label.
- Change your toothbrush every 3 months, or when the bristles wear out.
- If you still don't want to brush and floss after eating, swish some water in your mouth to flush food particles away fom your teeth, thus preventing cavities.
- Don't let your baby fall asleep with the milk bottle in her mouth. It will severely affect her primary teeth, Instead, replace it with a bottle of water just as the baby is falling asleep.
- Don't keep snacking all day. Time your food and snacks.
- Cheese is great for your smile. Chew a piece of cheese after your meal. The cheese stimulates saliva in your mouth, and helps wash away sugars from your mouth.
- Clean your teeth with toothpicks.
- If you suffer from acidity, take antacids as the acids erode the tooth enamel and cause increased tooth sensitivity.
- Drink your cola, fruit juice and beverages with a straw to avoid contact with your teeth.
- After all precautions, if you still have a pounding toothache, it's time to visit the dentist.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
- Mix a pinch of cinnamon powder with one tsp. of honey, and have it two-three times a day for relief from backache.
- Garlic is an excellent remedy for back pain. Increasing its intake in daily food will relieve backache.
- Use a hot water bottle or heating pad to ease the pain.
- Stop your intake of all kinds of beans.
- A massage with your choice of oil-mustard, sesame or coconut oil ( mixed with crushed garlic and heated on slow fire) is very useful.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
- A world of strife shut out, a world of love shut in
- A place where the small are great, and the great are small
- The place where our stomachs get treated best
- The centre of our affection, 'round which our heart's best wishes entwine'
- The father's kingdom, the mother's world and the children's paradise
- The place where our stomachs get three square meals a day and our hearts a thousand
No man is poor who has a home to come to.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
- Mix one teaspoon each of honey, glycerine and lime juice. Add three teaspoons of rose water, and use on hands.
- Mix equal parts of witch hazel, lime juice and glycerine, and use as regular hand lotion.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
- Take one whole pound Of Kindliness
- And stir it round
- With thoughts that bless
- Plenty of patience makes it nice;
- Some fun will add a little spice;
- Don't weigh out Love, but pour it in;
- Oil of Good Cheer will grease your tin;
- Mix well in just the old-time way,
- And you'll have made a happy day.
Julia W.Wolfe rightly describes the significance of a woman's role to a happy home.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Drink Tulsi tea and Ginger tea.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Mix a teaspoon of olive oil with an egg.
Rub smoothly over face and neck and allow to dry.
Then, wipe away softly with a piece of cotton wool dipped in hot water to which a teaspoon of soda bicard has been added.