- Regular brushing & flossing everyday is the best way to avoid cavities and keep your teeth healthy.
- Buy good quality brushes with soft, round and polished bristles and a curved head, prreferably having an ADA label.
- Change your toothbrush every 3 months, or when the bristles wear out.
- If you still don't want to brush and floss after eating, swish some water in your mouth to flush food particles away fom your teeth, thus preventing cavities.
- Don't let your baby fall asleep with the milk bottle in her mouth. It will severely affect her primary teeth, Instead, replace it with a bottle of water just as the baby is falling asleep.
- Don't keep snacking all day. Time your food and snacks.
- Cheese is great for your smile. Chew a piece of cheese after your meal. The cheese stimulates saliva in your mouth, and helps wash away sugars from your mouth.
- Clean your teeth with toothpicks.
- If you suffer from acidity, take antacids as the acids erode the tooth enamel and cause increased tooth sensitivity.
- Drink your cola, fruit juice and beverages with a straw to avoid contact with your teeth.
- After all precautions, if you still have a pounding toothache, it's time to visit the dentist.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
- Mix a pinch of cinnamon powder with one tsp. of honey, and have it two-three times a day for relief from backache.
- Garlic is an excellent remedy for back pain. Increasing its intake in daily food will relieve backache.
- Use a hot water bottle or heating pad to ease the pain.
- Stop your intake of all kinds of beans.
- A massage with your choice of oil-mustard, sesame or coconut oil ( mixed with crushed garlic and heated on slow fire) is very useful.